Tips for Parents: Contact the School | PDF
Español/Spanish: Consejos para padres - Contactando a la escuela
Staying in regular contact with your child’s teacher and school is more important than you may think. Your contact helps your child in a number of ways:
- You become aware of accomplishments, so you can give praise.
- You become aware of problems, so you can intervene before real trouble hits.
- The teacher pays more attention to your child.
- You can help shape school policies and practices.
- Your child understands that her/his education is important.
For more information:
PTA parent resource page
IOX Assessment Associates Videos:
“ Home-School Partnership: Building Communication”
“Home-School Partnership: Developing a Plan”
“Home-School Partnership: Understand Families”
“Talking with your Child’s Teacher: Tips for Parents”
IOX Assessment Associates
28170 SW Boberg Rd., Suite 1
Wilsonville, OR 97070-9205
You may also find these Tips for Parents helpful:
Tips for Parents: Parent Teacher Conferences
Tips for Parents: Visiting the Classroom
Help The Learning Community grow--share Tips for Parents: Contact the School with a friend!