• Copyright Policy—The information on this website is for helping parents, and our Copyright Policy includes the rules for reproducing the information on the site.
• Disclaimer of Endorsement—Understand the limits of The Learning Community’s responsibility for content on our site and the sites you link to from us.
• Visitor Conduct—In order for The Learning Community to be a safe place for everyone, you must agree to follow the rules of Visitor Conduct.
• Disclaimer of Liability
The Learning Community is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to The Learning Community Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using The Learning Community website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
The Learning Community website does not collect personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. However, if you fill out a Contact Us or Suggest a Resource form, we will collect your email address and name solely for the purpose of contacting your to fulfill your request. If you choose to make a donation to The Learning Community, you will be taken to a secure sever and you can be assured that your information will be protected and kept confidential, and will only be used to process your donation. For information provided on the forms mentioned above, you can be assured that The Learning Community does not sell, rent or lease the information to third parties.
The Learning Community does collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites so that we may continue to develop our website to best meet the needs of our users.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by The Learning Community. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by The Learning Community for the operation of the website, to maintain quality of the website, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Learning Community Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through The Learning Community’s Parent Power Blog, this information may be collected and used by anyone on the Web. We highly recommend that you do not disclose personally identifiable information on the blog. We are not responsible for personally identifiable information that you post on the Parent Power Blog.
The Learning Community encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from The Learning Community so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. The Learning Community is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of The Learning Community.
Use of your Personal Information
The Learning Community does not collect sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations.
The Learning Community keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within The Learning Community, in order to determine which The Learning Community’s parenting resources are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content within The Learning Community to visitors whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The Learning Community Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Learning Community or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Learning Community; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Learning Community, or the public.
The Learning Community Web site uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with The Learning Community’s Parent Power blog, a cookie helps the blog to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of entering your log in information. When you return to the same The Learning Community page, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use The Learning Community features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of The Learning Community services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
The Learning Community secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The Learning Community secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
The Learning Community will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. The Learning Community encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how The Learning Community is protecting your information.
The Learning Community welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Back to top
The information on The Learning Community is provided for noncommercial, personal use, and is protected by United States Copyright Law. The following rules apply for all content on The Learning Community with the exception of web links to other websites and the description and/or summary of the websites we link to:
1. You may download or print content from The Learning Community only for your own personal use.
2. You may not modify (change), redistribute, display or use in any format, including electronically, content on The Learning Community for any commercial purpose without prior written consent. To request permission, contact us.
3. You may not post information or content unless you own the copyright to that material or the material is not protected by applicable copyright laws.
Exceptions for Web Links
The web sites we link to each have their own copyright rules, and you must abide by those rules when using their websites. Back to top
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The Learning Community is not responsible for:
• The accuracy, timeliness, relevance or completeness of information and/or content on sites we link to.
• And does not endorse the products, services or opinions/views of sites we link to.
• The behavior of users who link to outside websites from The Learning Community, including lawful or unlawful use regarding privacy laws, copyright laws and other applicable laws.
• The content and transmissions on sites we link to.
Back to top
The Learning Community is a community of parents and educators dedicated to providing helpful parenting resources in a safe environment. Users of The Learning Community website must agree to these rules of Visitor Conduct:
• You may not post comments or use The Learning Community in any way to violate or infringe upon the rights of others
• While using The Learning Community, you may not engage in behavior that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or that is otherwise objectionable or which may interfere with any other visitor’s enjoyment of the site.
• While using The Learning Community, you may not encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
• You may not post any material that contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services, unless The Learning Community has approved the posting of the material beforehand in writing.
Back to top
Disclaimer of Liability
Use of The Learning Community is at visitor’s own risk.
Visitors are responsible for protecting their private information including, but not limited to: passwords, name, address, phone number, email address and bank account information.
The Learning Community makes no warrant that the website will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of this website, or the accuracy, reliability or content of any information provided through The Learning Community website, and we are not responsible for any damages or injury resulting from the use of this website.
Back to top